How to Input 35 Contact-hours to My PMP® Application?
Part 1 of the PMP® application is to fulfill your education. The education section contains academic education and professional education.
1. Academic Education
Input only ONE highest level of education that you have:
- Highest Level of Education: select from High School Diploma, Associates Degree, Bachelor Degree, Masters Degree or Doctorate
- Years Attended: select the start and end year of your academic education
- Country of Institution
- Name of Institution
- Field of Study
It is not essential to check whether your degree is accredited or not. However, you can still check your degree at the Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC). If you are a graduate of a GAC accredited degree program, you will receive a 12-month credit towards the work experience requirement.
The highest education level you have will affect the number of months of experience in project management required in the PMP® application.
- If you have a bachelor’s or post-graduate degree from a GAC accredited program (bachelor’s degree or master’s or global equivalent), you will need 24 months of experience in project management and 35 contact hours of project management education.
- If you have a four-year degree (Bachelor Degree, Masters Degree), you will need 36 months of experience in project management and 35 contact hours of project management education.
- If you have a secondary degree (High School Diploma, Associate’s Degree or global equivalent), you will need 60 months of experience in project management and 35 contact hours of project management education.
Don’t forget to “Save education” after finishing input your information.
2. Professional Education
Input AT LEAST 35 contact hours of project management education. If you completed more than one training program, you could input all education hours that you gained from all training programs. However, all training programs must end on the day you submit the PMP® application.
Enter your contact hours in the following format, starting from the latest training program.
- Course Title: e.g., “PMP Preparation Course”
- Provider Name: e.g., “IMT SOLUTIONS CORP”
- Course Dates: e.g., “February 2021 – March 2021”
- Qualifying Hours: e.g., “35”
One contact hour means one hour of classroom instruction. For example, if you completed a university or college course which had 3 hours of project management training per week in 15 weeks, you would record 45 contact hours. If only a part of the course linked to project management, you would record only the number of hours spent on project management.
Additionally, you are not be required to collect 35 contact hours if you are a CAPM® certification holder. The CAPM® certification must be currently in active status.
Don’t forget to “Save education” and “Continue to Experience”.